Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Job switch

I work at the arts and craft center on base. It's nothing like Michaels where I worked all those years. At this place, we only have a small amount of resale space (mostly scrapbooking), and instead we do things like lasering, engraving, embroidery, and framing. After two months of searching for a job, I was hired as their cashier. I LOVE where I work and I love what I do. I do help the framer with her projects since I did that at Michaels, but otherwise I don't know very much about the other equipment. That's going to change soon.

Our lasering person will be leaving to focus on school and they have asked me to learn her job. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I'm pleased they think I'm up to the challenge, and I'd love to learn another trade- it's just A LOT to learn. It will give me a chance to move up in the business and it's a secure full time job. I'll get a pay raise (which everybody loves), and there will be benefits (again, who doesn't love that). I tell you all this to say: I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with this oppurtunity. A few months ago I couldn't find a job to save my life and now I'm getting a promotion. Pray that I catch on to the job quickly. I'm excited and I'm ready so here goes!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Best wishes and blessings on the new position! I do pray you can learn the trade quickly!

Pastor David Pitman said...

Good job! ;)

Pastor Dad

Karen said...

Sounds cool! Gotta love more $ & benefits! :)

Kimberly Pitman said...

It's wonderful that they pay you to do something that you love! I know that learning a new craft skill is exciting, too! Congratulations!